- Category: Food & Beverage
Guest Entrance through the Claremont Gate (Main Gate)
It is the responsibility of the Security Police to stop all visitors that require access to Carlisle Barracks. To help you and your guest through the main gate without delay and inconvenience, here are a few things you can do in advance of your function:
Prepare a Special even access list. This list must contain: point of contact name and number, date and time of event and location. The list must be on an Excel document. Provide the list to your event coordinator who will submit it to the Directorate of Emergency Service for approval. Any questions must go through your event coordinator.
Turn left on jim Thrope Road and follow signs for guests.
Carlisle Barracks is adjacent to Carlisle, Pennsylvania: 18 miles west of Harrisburg, PA and 27 miles north of Gettysburg. The Army installation is located almost two miles west of the Carlisle interchange of the I-76 Pennsylvania Turnpike and I-81.
From Harrisburg International Airport or via PA Turnpike (I76)
- Upon exiting the airport follow the signs to PA-283 West and then the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Interstate 76) West.
- Exit the Turnpike at the Carlisle exit, Exit 226 (old exit number 16).
- Once through the tollbooth stay to the right toward US 11 South and follow the signs to Carlisle Barracks.
- Turn left at Harmony Hall Road (second traffic light).
- Turn right at Claremont Road.
- Turn left into vehicle security.
From North or South on I81
- Exit I81 at Exit 52 (Middlesex/Carlisle). Follow Hwy 11 South.
- Once Hwy 11 passes under the PA Turnpike (approx. 1 mile), follow the directions above.
From DC area
- From I495 Beltway west, take I270 North toward Frederick, MD
- Continue north on Hwy 15 at Frederick
- Exit onto Hwy 74 (North = left) at Dillsburg , PA
- Upon reaching Carlisle intersection with Hwy 641/Trindle Road/East High Street (Hess Gas on right), turn left and proceed one block to N. Spring Garden St.; turn right and proceed two blocks to East North Street; turn right and proceed .5 miles to the entrance to Carlisle Barracks through vehicle security on the right.
- For GPS location, enter "Jim Thorpe and Claremont roads, Carlisle PA". This will take you to the Carlisle Barracks Visitor Entry.
At the gate, please be prepared to show photo identification. Once on post, follow directional signage to your destination.
|Equipment Rental||Wheellock Gazebo||Directions & Gate Info|