Army Child Care Fee Policy for School Year 2012-2013 - Click Here
Welcome to Carlisle Barracks School-Age Services (SAS). We provide before and after school programs, summer care and care during school vacations for children in grades K - 5. Our programs offer a wide range of physical activities, arts & crafts, homework assistance, computer lab, character building, Boys and Girls Club, 4-H Chapter, fields trips and more...
Activities in our School-age programs support the four service areas:
- sports & Fitness
- Leisure & Recreation
- Life Skills & Citizenship
- Mentoring & Support Services
SAS Before and After School Program Information
- Offered to all School Age Children who are entering grades K-5.
- Parents can choose Before School, After School or both.
- Program is Monday - Friday.
- Schedule based on Carlisle School District calendar.
- We offer hourly care available through the school year only.
|Homework Tutor Program
- FREE to all School Age children including Middle School Youth (1st - 8th grade)
- Homework Tutors are certified teachers
- Available during the school year
- Hours: Mon and Thurs 4:30 — 6:00 p.m.
- Schedule based on CASD calendar
- Open enrollment throughout the year
- Students have access to computer lab for help on certain subjects
- Available for use by all Youth Service members.
- Various computer programs are utilized and we are continually striving to add new and improved software that is helpful to the students
- A brief training and short Internet safety test will be given.
- Youth are able to access the internet for research and reference.
Not to worry parents, there are blocks on certain web-sites and all pop-ups. The lab technician is always in the lab for monitoring and assistance.
Carlisle Barracks Summer Camp
SAS Summer Camp is one of the many programs available through Youth Services at Carlisle Barracks. Our Summer Camp runs from June through the end of August. The camp is set up by the week, so you do not have to sign your child up for the entire summer. You can choose the weeks you wish to participate.
- 5 Full Days- Enjoy our camp Mon-Fri all day. All activities, field trips and meals are included.
Please see the Central Registration link on the left or call (717) 245-3801 for program fees and enrollment procedures.
Thank you for your interest in our camp.
SAS is offered to military, civilian DOD employees, retirees, guard and reserve, and all veterans' children, grades Kindergarten - 5th.
All fees are based on total family income. For information on enrollment and the fee schedule please click the Central Registration link in the left column.